Saturday, January 31, 2015

Another Valentine Card

Hi everyone as promised I'm back with another post today.  It has been a busy week. First there was the pantry to redo and then Wednesday I took everything out of the closet in my craft room A friend put a shelving unit in. Alas I could not get two big boxes in it for now so started sorting through them. Right now I'm working on sorting through a box of papers. I'm thinking perhaps this weekend I should do some playing with making my own paper now that I have my dedicated craft blender handy. :-) It would be a great way to recycle some of the scraps which are really too small to be worth saving as well as some of the papers which I've shredded. While sorting through things I found this Goosebumpz folder that a friend had given me. I did find it still available on eBay. Since it happens to be  hearts  I figured it would be perfect for a Valentine card.
I used a EK Success punch for the corners but I'm not sure if it is still available. I then sprayed that panel with my air brush and a silver crayola glitter marker. I've come to the conclusion I like the Marvy Uchida fabric glitter markers better but they are also more expensive. For the embossed panel I used two different colors of Distress Paint. I daubed the paint onto a piece of wax paper. (I keep forgetting that I have palette paper which I've had for a couple of decades.)Misted the paint and then placed my card down. I placed the card down a couple of times in different places until I liked what I saw. Once it was dry I ran it through my embossing machine. I did the outlining of the hearts with a Gelly Roll clear glitter pen. It really makes the embossed hearts pop. I could have colored the hearts but decided to let the painted background show through. Once I was done with my pen I popped the embossed panel on using the corner hearts like photo corners.

It was fun to use a different embossing folder and to take out a punch again. I don't have a lot of punches but once in awhile it is fun to use one.

My boys are telling me it is time to go for a walk. I don't think they know how cold it is outside this morning. Then it is back to sorting and taking time to play. I figure if I keep working at it that by Spring I'll have all the boxes in the closet sorted through. It is actually freeing to get rid of a lot of things. Especially if the getting rid of stuff gives me more room to accumulate more craft goodies. ;-)

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again! Oh and by the way let's hope the groundhog doesn't see his shadow as I'm ready for Spring. Are you ready for Spring?

2 comments:

  1. Love the deep red. The spraying of silver is nice on the red. I like your corner punch. Haven't used mine in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card !!!
    Congrats on your first design spot. Loved the card you did.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)