Monday, January 5, 2015

Glittered Stencil Birthday Card

Hi everyone. It has been first icy, then snowy, and now buckets of rain. A wonderful time to spend indoors crafting. I have a few January birthdays so over the weekend I started a  birthday card and today finished it. I love how it turned out.

I cut the panel with the Happy Birthday too narrow so decided to use some Jot laser tape I bought at the Dollar Tree on my card base.  Unfortunately I'm out of white card stock and I now remember why I don't like using some white confetti card with my Cameo for cutting anything but the simplest shapes.  I airbrushed the letters and decided to have them on the silver tape. 

The panel the flower is on was made using a 12x12 template by DCWV which has four different designs. I placed my stencil on a piece of confetti card stock and positioned the template where I liked the look since the pattern was larger than my card. I then smoothed gesso over the stencil and before lifting it up I sprinkled Martha Stewart coarse crystal glitter. Then I carefully pulled up the stencil and washed it.  I must confess normally I don't wash my stencils or templates so it can make for some interesting stenciling. In fact the gesso did pick up some plum ink left over from using the template with alcohol markers. When the panel was good and dry I used my eBrush to airbrush a couple of different Spectrum Noir markers.

I don't know who the flower stamp is by. I inked my stamp with Royal Purple Stazon ink. Small stamps like this is a great way to use scraps of card. Once stamped I colored with Spectrum Noir markers. I'm really new to coloring with alcohol markers. In the past I've only owned dollar store markers. I love how the blender marker worked on the flowers. I cut the flower out by hand and was really tempted to scan it into my software for my Cameo and turn it into a print and cut image.

I like so well how the glittered stencil panel turned out that you will be seeing it more often. You know me I'm the Queen of glitter and sparkly stuff.

What do you do when the weather is nasty? If I'm not crafting I'm curled up with a good book.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Not in favor of your weather either. We are having cold and snow, and lots of it.
    Your card is gorgeous. Love the colors you used. I think you should scan and cut the flower for future use as it is lovely.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, how truly beautiful. The colour, the shimmer, the stencilling. You truly outdid yourself Beth.

    I'm currently reading an international best seller, "The Rosie Project". It's light and fun and came recommended to me by my daughter. My normal genre is murder so this is quite different for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)