And this is what I came up with:
Like Claudine I did a paper collage background. Since I don't really have a lot of patterned paper and nothing that would work with the photo I went and in Studio drew rectangles and filled them in pattern. Alas I tried to turn a music sketch file into a print and cut and the music printed too light to really show up. Also the background ended up being an orange color which was not exactly what I had in mind. I tore my rectangles into pieces and glued them onto the card. Then I coated the card with Vintage Creative Medium to try to pull things together. I glued the photo of the girl down and put another coat of Creative Medium over everything. I then stamped dream on a piece of white tissue paper and adhered it with the Creative Medium. The butterflies were painted with Pickled Raspberries and Wild Honey Distress paint. They ended up darker than I had planned. Then I used a quote stamp and stamped on them using Stazon Timber Brown the same color I had used to stamp dream. I edged the card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Because in places there was gesso which took the color darker it does indeed look distressed.
Claudine;s stenciled circles are more subtle than mine. I used Cafe Au Lait by Apple Barrel for the base. Then using a plaid stencil and a "spouncer" I pounced a light green paint with the name Sorbet over the stencil. Then I mixed Ivy Green with folk art glaze. Using a "spouncer" I pounced most of the paint off on a towel. Then I pounced just around the edges of the circles on the stencil. When the paint was dry I didn't like the Sorbet color also I noticed some places where I missed with the base paint so the gesso showed through. I brushed on Vintage Creative Medium. which toned down the Sorbet and blended in more where the gesso showed. Alas I did not like the resulting strokes. There was a plastic bag on my desk and I thought why not see what happens if I place this crinkled bag on top of the wet Creative Medium. The result was this wonderful texture.
I decided it would be too busy to add all the detail that Claudine did to her imagination card. I did not have any butterfly tape so went with a cut out butterfly that I colored with Antique linen Distress ink and stamped on using Peeled Paint distress ink which is the same color of ink I used to edge the word tags as well as the playing card.
The lady is from Dover clip art. Because of the background she was on I could not trace her for cutting with my machine. I could have traced around her with a black fine tip pen and scanned her and probably could have traced her that way. However, I thought it was quicker to just cut her out by hand. I did turn the wing image into a print and cut. I embossed the wing with kaleidoscope embossing powder and then glued it onto the lady. Then she was pop dotted onto the card.
I can't wait to see what the themes and what techniques are used next week. This is a fun challenge even if it took me all day Monday before I came up with how to do the imagination card.
Besides doing these two cards I was also experimenting with using Distress Paint on plastic. I hope soon to put together a card with a painted plastic panel.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving comments. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!