Sunday, September 28, 2014

Dance To Your Own Music

Today I have a fun card to show using Distress Paint. for a background. Recently I was able to buy some Distress Paints on sale. They have been on my wishlist for a long time.
I had cut out an extra window card and was going to use a lattice for this card but changed my mind. I took Pickled Raspberry,Wild Honey, and Broken China to make my background.  I randomly daubed the  different colors of paint and then spritzed the paint to run together. 

I painted the frame with copper paint. I love how with paint I can change paper to look like metal.

The image is from Graphic Fairy. It is printed on semi-gloss photo paper. I edged the fairy with a black glaze pen. Then brushed with a cosmetic wedge Creative Medium Shimmer after the glaze had dried.. The fairy is pop dotted onto the card.

I don't know what the name of the set is that the sentiment is from. I used Teal Stazon ink.

This is the inside of the card. The paint bled through to the other side of the card stock but I like the softness of the look. I debated about which side to use but thought the more vivid colors went with the image.  I will probably cut out another frame to use inside with a quote.

I have not tried stamping with the Distress Paint yet and I have more experimenting I want to do. I do like the fact that unlike some products once it is is dry it no longer reacts with water. I can see lots of possibilities using it in mixed media projects.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back as I will this week hopefully be posting another week of altered cards. I have no idea what the theme is or what supplies or techniques are being used this week. So it will be a surprise for me. Hopefully my mojo won't desert me just when I need it. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)