Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stenciled Valentine's Card

Greetings from the land of snow. The rain had pretty much scoured out the snow and then off and on today and tonight it has been snowing. As long as it doesn't turn into ice again I won't complain. Besides other than taking the dogs out for a walk I can play in my "playroom".

I am back experimenting. I wanted to see if I could stencil on tissue paper with Distress Paint. My stenciling is not perfect but it is after all a handmade card and not a Hallmark one. I also wanted to see about using lace as a stencil with my eBrush.

I took a scrap of card stock left over from the frame I cut out for a card which I can't post yet and using lace and my eBrush stenciled using a Sharpie maker. I decided I did not want to hide the lace with a sentiment so used a Brother's label maker I just learned I can frame my words with it. I bought the label maker second hand. 

For the heart panel using Distress Paint and a Plaid stencil I stenciled the hearts on tissue paper. When it was dry I used the eBrush and a blue Spectrum Noir marker for the background. I wanted to see if it would change the painted hearts or not. Then taking the same marker which I colored the heart in the dress I doodled on card using my eBrush.  The color looked really dark but once I adhered the tissue paper the background actually ended up being soft.

The rag doll is a Hero Arts stamp. I am fairly sure she has been retired for a few years. It is fun to get out old stamps from my beginning days of stamping and use them again. I colored the stamp with Spectrum Noir markers but since my craft knife needs a new blade I used blue chalk to color the white card stock above her head.  I also used chalk to color the part of her outfit with the heart. I edged her with Vintage Photo ink  and pop dotted her on the card. 

There you have it my play on a snowy day.  Do you make and give Valentine's cards?

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Stencilling on tissue paper is a unique idea, and it turned out so well. Cute little girl too. Yes, I make and give out Valentine cards. Not sure I'll do that this year or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the way you always need to experiment.
    Me, I like same old, same old.
    This may be the year that that changes though.
    No I don't give out Valentines but this year I may make some hearts, etc. to put on the little pine tree in Jim's room. He has enjoyed the candy canes I had on it for Christmas.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)