Thursday, January 15, 2015

Quick Butterfly Watercolor Card

Greetings on this overcast Thursday. At least it is not Eskimo weather.  When I saw a card in the February 2015 issue of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking using water color pencils I knew it was time to dust mine off. Alas this is the last issue as there will be no more Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking.

The card I made is a quick card especially since the water colors dries fast. I did not have the butterfly stamps which were used so used my butterfly quote stamp. Normally I don't like to stamp directly because I seem to mess it up. In fact I thought I had messed up until I looked at the stamp.

I scribble water color pencils on watercolor paper. I will be glad when I use up the generic watercolor paper I bought on sale as it has a tendency to buckle even if it is not that wet. Maybe that is why it was on sale. LOL! Using my water brush over my scribbles I didn't even get the paper that wet. I used Stazon Timber brown ink for my stamp.  The stamp is by Stampabilities and as far as I can tell is still available at least online at Hobby Lobby. It may be available at other places I don't know.

I used orange chalk to color the butterflies. I felt like they needed a  little bit of bright color to pop.

I need more practice using my airbrush to airbrush borders. At least my mess doesn't show as it is under the panel. Lol! I did use adhesive foam to pop the watercolor panel up. There you have it my quick card. It has actually taken me longer to type this post than to make the card. Lol!

O.K. I'm off to play with crayons and rubbing alcohol. Hope you are having a great week!

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely and I love the sentiment. Great job.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique. I get nervous stamping directly onto my backgrounds too. Watch for watercolour paper sales at Michaels as they often have a buy one get one free in all their artist papers including watercolour paper.

    Nice technique you have going on. I pulled out my Inktense watercolour pencils last night. Might have to try this technique out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all worry when we stamp directly onto card, turned out great though, so no need to worry! Thank you for joining us at stampotique designers challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)