Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bits And Pieces Card

Hi Everyone! I've been busy organizing my "playroom" the last couple of days. Today a friend helped me do some rearranging of the heavy file cabinet and my sewing machine table. I love now how so many of the things I use all the time are now close at hand. While doing the organizing and cleaning I keep coming across bits and pieces. I've decided that at least once a week I'll do a bits and pieces card. Here is my first one.

The aquamarine panel is a piece of scrap card stock which I used to mop up some extra paint on my crafting mat. No sense wasting perfectly good acrylic paint. ;-) The scallop panel was cut out of gray card stock. I had cut out a bunch of panels in different card stock for my sister and she decided she didn't want them.  I had also cut out a bunch of these flowers only to have my sister tell me she is not a flower person. Although she did color a few with gelatos. The butterfly is one I stamped on plastic but smeared the ink a little bit. It is backed with a scrap of card stock.

For the scallop panel I used a stencil and stamped my embossing pad over it. Then I sprinkled Eggplant Recollection embossing powder. I did not realize that I had  small flecks of embossing powder on the back of the stencil from previous play. That gave me the specks. After removing the stencil and heat embossing I put the stencil back down slightly off. This time I used my Raspberry Recollection embossing powder. Then I took my eBrush and airbrushed the background. I didn't like the edges of the scallops as they were too dark against the painted background so I took the blender marker and used it with the eBrush.

I had colored the flower with a gelato to show my sister how to do it. I took a silver Sharpie and holding it high in the air speckled my flower. Then I used Liquid Pearl for the center.

For the butterfly I used the eBrush with Spectrum Noir markers on the back. I also used the silver Sharpie like on the flower. I thought the butterfly was too dark so used the blender pen on the back. Then switched to the silver Sharpie and speckled the front., Adhered  to a scrap of card stock and cut it out. Both the flower and butterfly are adhered with foam adhesive.

Many years ago I bought at a dollar store alphabet stickers. When I went up to the check stand I thought the clerk was going to divide the packages but he did not. I got over twenty packages of alphabet stickers and although I shared many of them with people I still have a lot. Since pink is not a color I use a lot I took my Sharpie and colored it using my eBrush. 

Do you save bits and pieces thinking some day you will use them? How do you save them? I saw a neat idea where they are adhered using temporary adhesive inside a page protector. I will be doing that then I won't have to be looking through an envelope or accordion file folder.

Tomorrow is a new week in the Altered Playing Card challenge. Not sure what the theme will be but it will fun. Especially now that my "playroom" is more organized. Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool background. I'm sorry your sister didn't like the things you had for her. How disappointing. Do I save bits and pieces? Nope. Anyways, a very lovely card indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)