Monday, November 12, 2012

Word Art Christmas Cards

Word art is trendy right now and although I have thought of doing a word art project I never have until now. Over at the Silhouette Plus Forum one of the members posted a link for Tagxedo. The Tagxedo Creator allows you to create word art in shapes. Here are the cards I made after playing with Tagxedo.
The diagonal background is decorative card stock by The Learning Tree which I purchased at Dollar Tree. The frame was cut from glitter card stock that reminded me of Christmas ornaments. After saving the tree in Studio I did a trace so I could have Cameron cut it out tree shape. I did a little bit of point editing and could have done more but I think it has charm. I pop dotted the tree onto the panel. The blank card was the perfect color.

Taking the same words but using a different font,shape,and theme I came up with this. I know this is non-traditional Christmas colors but I loved the way the colors looked when I was playing. Besides I have all of these card blanks in the burnt orange color to use up. I cut a panel out of a scrap of metallic card stock. Then embossed the top section with Sizzix's Dancing Stars embossing folder. I only wish the folder was a little wider because if you look carefully you can see the metal plate edges.

Two quick and easy cards using word art. One word of caution it can become addictive playing on the Tagxedo site.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I am planning on making paper beads this week and hope to have them posted soon. I really need to get busy again crafting for Christmas gifts.

Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)