Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pop Up Christmas Tree Card

When I saw this free file provided by Debbie who is the administrator of Silhouette Plus and is the blogger for Paper Pulse I knew that I had to use it. Her file was for the card base and the pop up tree part. The front of the card is from Christmas Cheer Coloring Book by Dover.
I added the text in Studio. Then took the flourishes from a Christmas card kit I bought last year and filled it in with green and turned off the cut lines. I copied the Dover image and set it to cut out the ornament separately. The gold on both the ornament and background is painted with gold water color paint. This is the first time I used a water brush and the first time painting a print without the ink smearing. I chalked over the paint on both the ornament and background. As well as the white panel the ornament is on. I pop dotted the ornament over the printed image of the ornament.

I painted the tree using extreme glitter paint. Before the paint was totally dry I went ahead and carefully popped out from the back the cut out sections. It is a good thing I did as parts of the cutout sections were sticking together and I don't think I would have gotten them apart when the paint was dry. The ornaments were cut out of scrapbook paper. They are a Studio freebie which I just deleted the cutout sections on them and of course resized.. The gold balls were cut out of a scrap piece of gold. I went ahead and decided to chalk the background.

It was fun to craft while listening to Christmas music. I love Christmas even if there does seem to be a lot to do and every year I keep telling myself I'm going to start earlier and I never do. I do now have the front of all the cards done up and just need to add sentiments inside which shouldn't take me long. I should next week get the cards I mail in the mail. Usually I mail them on Black Friday but with Thanksgiving coming early this year I'm a little behind.

 This card has to wait until I finish making presents to go in a box for my son and his family. Hopefully I'll get things finished and the box along with this card in the mail by the first week in December.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I'm off to start work on a 3 drawer box by Lori Whitlock to put some jewelry in for a granddaughter.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work. Your top card is very pretty with the gold painting and 3d pop. Your Christmas tree card looks like it was a lot of work. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work Myoriah, love the ornaments and that is the cutest pop up tree. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)