Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another Snowman Card

What can I say another snowman card. As well as another Dover image. I don't know what it is about snowmen but I have a thing for them. Well to be honest snow people in general. Perhaps it is because I fell in love with Frosty the first time I saw him on television. Or perhaps it is because growing up there wasn't a lot of snow but when there was my sister and I would attempt to make a snow man. I say attempt because usually there wasn't really that much snow.

(click to enlarge image)

Originally I wanted to cut the snowman and animals out as one piece but after two hours of hair pulling I gave up. I even tried to extract him using Photo Shop as well as erasing the background.

The panel the snowman is on is embossed using the Divine Swirls embossing folder. Since I did a print and cut on white card stock I went ahead and cut the panel out at the same time. I used my metallic chalks to color the card stock after it was embossed. I felt like the blue was a better match than my regular chalk. Don't you love how the embossed panel echos the background in the image. I thought of just taking my swirl stamps to do a background but decided that the embossing would give the card more texture without a lot of extra bulk. I think I can mail this without having to add extra postage.

I used my clear star Jelly Roll pen on the image in different places to give it that snowy/icy look. I decided to just do the buttons on the snowman instead of coloring his body. In the snow I basically scribbled to give it more of a dimension.

Anyway it was a fun way to spend time indoors on a blustery, rainy day.  From the looks of things I'll have no excuse not to craft as the weather forecast is for more wet weather.

I have one more card I'm working on. No,it is not a snowman. LOL! Also I need to get busy making gifts,boxes,etc. Of course I also bought a new toy and stamps so want to play with those.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving if you live in the US. Also wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)