Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage Children Christmas Card

When I was looking through images for a certain image I came across this image offered by Cajoline for free and knew that I just had to use it. These children are so precious. Also I find the background shape intriguing to say the least. Although it was a little bit of a challenge to trace for a print and cut the way I wanted it to cut it was worth it. I am a lot more pleased with the decorative cut outs then if I had just traced the edge.

Oh you wanted to see the picture of the card. Here it is. Sorry about the quality it is a dark overcast day and foil is hard to photograph. LOL! If I waited till a sunny day I think Christmas would be over. (click to enlarge)

I must confess that I embossed the foil background over a year and half ago when I was visiting my sister. I had just gotten my Big Shot and wanted to see how it would emboss foil card stock. I found this panel while cleaning over the weekend and thought it would go perfect with this image. The embossed folder I used is Rebecca (If you like this embossing and can't find the folder it is available online at KMart and probably other places as well,)

The image as I said is a Dover Publication image. I edged it with Peeled Paint Distress ink using a cotton swab. I like edging vintage images because I feel like I don't have to be exact. I went and dotted red extreme glitter paint on the holly berries.

There you have it my elegant vintage Christmas card. LOL! Now to figure out who to give the card to. There are several people on my card list who would love to have it.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I have two more cards in the works and I'm working on a paper bead necklace for one of my granddaughters.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. The day might not have been that good weather-wise but you have managed to capture the sheen on the embossing just the same. Nice one, Myoriah.
    Tine (Addie24)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)