Friday, November 9, 2012

Another Vintage Christmas Card

When I saw this image this week as part of Dover Publishing Samples I knew I had to make a Christmas card with it. If you have not signed up yet to receive a weekly email with the link for samples you really should. It is a great way to get images to use in crafting. There is a real variety of images.

Originally I had wanted to cut out the boy and have him pop dotted. However it ended up being too complicated for me to figure out how to do it in Studio. I really did not want to cut out by hand. Anyway after looking at the image I realized that it probably would not look right.

This is what I ended coming up with. A few changes along the way. Yes,inspiration came while I was in the tub. LOL!(click to enlarge)

The background was made by cutting out card stock. Then tearing bits of calligraphy paper which has been hanging around unused for years. Then I glued my torn pieces onto the card stock. When the glue was dry I rubbed tea dye distressed ink over it.

The image came from Dover Publication. I made a copy of the image so that I could trace it to cut out the trees. I had to do a little bit of playing around to get the one tree to cut right. I pop dotted the trees over the trees in the image.

Originally I cut out four snowflakes but decided to go with the two. I had brushed twinkles glitter paint on them and then sprinkled a fine glitter on them. I am pleased at how nicely the small snowflakes cut out. They are from the free file in the library.

I love how the background turned out. I have never done a background like that before. Don't be afraid to try something new. You might be surprised at the outcome.

Thank you for stopping by. Do come back again.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Myoriah, this is a lovely vintage card. I love the dimension you gave it by adding the pop dots.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myoriah, great vintage, love that detail of the paper, great dimension, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Love the vintage feel. Your torn background adds a lot of interest. I used to get Dover images too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)