Thursday, December 20, 2012

Vellum Heat Embossed Winter Card

LOL! I have nothing to do this time of year. My roommate called me last night on his break and said" can you make a card for so and so. I'll pay you for it. Oh and it has to have a winter theme and not be too frilly. Something suitable to be displayed in a cabin." Luckily I had the day before been working on a card idea and had the card file in Studio ready to be cut out.(Click image to enlarge)

I used the frame file that can be found. Here I took the frame and was able to weld a plain rectangle the same size to make my card base. I also cut out a frame to use.  After the pieces were cut out I cut out a piece of vellum. I stamped with my snow flourish stamp with white embossing ink. Then sprinkled Recollection Snow Pearl embossing powder. Carefully I used my embossing gun. I then glued the vellum on the frame piece and then glued it on the card base carefully matching up the cutout snowflake. I think it looks more finished this way. Then I stamped my sentiment on vellum and using a glue stick glued it on the inside.

You could also do the same thing using a printable transparency. Just be careful heat embossing on a transparency. It is a little more trickier than heat embossing on vellum.

Off to deliver cards and ornaments in boxes.  Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning Card. Thanks for the "how to", too. Merry Christmas my crafting friend! I've learned so many techniques from you the past year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)