Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Star Ornament

Last year I downloaded somewhere a folded star. I thought it was a  12 Days of Christmas cutting file from Silhouette but it appears not to be. However, the Silhouette store does have a cutting file for a 3D star.

I had planned to put  together two stars to make a 3D ornament last year but time got away from me. It then ended up on the back burner for this year until my good friend Alice Golden posted a ornament Here . Don't worry if you don't have a cutting machine you can still make this ornament. You will find a link on her blog which will send you to where the instructions and pattern is. So here is the ornament I made today.


I used the green card stock that came in a package of a Recollection Christmas collection for the front and back of  the star. Then used two different pieces of pattern card stock from the set. Of course if you have scrap paper or card stock this would be a great way to use it. The silver star in the middle was cut from a scrap of shimmer card stock I found. Then of course I had to use one of my dollar store star gems for the very center.

I need to do some tweaking of the cutting file and replace my blade but on the whole I'm pleased the way it turned out. Anyway I think the woman I'm giving this star ornament to will like it. After all it is the thought that counts.

O.K I'm out of here as my roommate just called from work an hour ago and asked if I would make a special Christmas card for someone. Thank goodness I designed a card yesterday but haven't cut or put it together with the theme he had in mind. LOL! He is insisting on paying me and will not take no for an answer. Also unlike most of his requests he doesn't need it in five minutes.

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.


1 comment:

  1. Myoriah, your ornament is beautiful. It always nice to find a way to use of some of our scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)