Friday, December 7, 2012

Getting Inky

I had so much fun getting inky making some tags. (The tags are on the presents that are in the mail and I didn't take pictures.) So I thought since I'm tired of printing out sentiments for the inside of cards and doing plain stamping to do what I did making tags. This could easily be the front of a card but in this case I glued it inside.(Click image to enlarge)
First I stamped my antique linen distress ink all over a scrap of white card stock left over from a print and cut. Then I sprayed water on the card stock and crumpled up the card stock. Since paper products are delicate when wet I carefully unfolded the card stock. Then I sprayed Stream alcohol ink which I mixed with water. The alcohol ink really brought out the lines where the card stock had been crumpled. Because I didn't want to wait I dried the card stock with my heat embossing gun. Then because I wanted the card stock to be fairly smooth for stamping I ironed it in between two sheets of copy paper.

 I used my foliage cube stamp with Stazon Cactus ink for the background. First I inked and stamped on scrap paper to get a lighter stamped image on the card stock. Then inked and randomly stamped the normal way to get a heavier color. I used my G Studio Christmas stamps with Black Tuxedo ink. I got several cute sets for $1 each which I love to mix and match. I had been playing with a red gold ink on the Merry Christmas stamp and had not cleaned the stamp off. If you look carefully you can see some of the letters outlined with the red gold. LOL! I may on purpose do that again.

I could have been finished at that point but discovered when making tags that heat embossing with just a coat or two with Ultra Thick Clear Embossing Enamel gave the impression of melted snow or ice crystals. I love the texture that resulted.

There you have it my ten minutes of inky play. Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Very fun! I like the blue and green combo. My poor UTEE hasn't seen the light of day in at least a year. I should get it out and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this was a really nice post. In concept I want to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means appear to get one thing done. slots for real money

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)