Sunday, December 2, 2012

3d Snowflake

I have been as busy as Santa's elves trying to get things ready to get in the  mail this week. I like to include an ornament that I have made so when I saw this 3d snowflake Here I decided to give it a try. I have to add something to hang it on the tree with but as you see it can also sit on a shelf,mantle,etc.


I downloaded the gsd format. If you don't have a cutting machine which will use either gsd or dxf format there is a pdf file you can download. I decided after heat embossing one with winter wonderland embossing powder that I liked my Martha Stewart coarse crystal glitter the best. I sprayed the pieces with spray adhesive before putting the ornament together and sprinkled my glitter on them. The biggest pain in making this ornament is to get the tabs on the half pieces into the slots on a full piece.

That is all for now folks. Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome 3-D snowflake. The glitter makes it so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myoriah, beautiful ornament, great glitter job, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myoriah, your 3D snowflake is a beautiful ornament. I could see an entire tree filled with them. Thank you for the link. I hope to be able to try this one out. Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)