Friday, November 28, 2014

Triangle 3D Christmas Tree Card

Hi faithful readers. I hope that you are having a good weekend. Oh my gosh! This started out as a simple Christmas card and I was having so much fun with markers and my eBrush yesterday and today that I forgot to quit.

I used Kraft card stock for my card base. I cut a scrap of Christmas card stock for the panel. All the shapes were cut out of one piece of Vanilla Card Stock. I'm getting low on white and wanted to keep it for printing and cutting.  I cut out triangles, stars,rectangles and squares. Then I got busy with my eBrush and markers.  First I did my tree and the tunks for outside and inside. Then using embossing folders I embossed them. I brushed the stars with a metallic marker.  As well as used it to do a border on the pattern card stock.

The border was cut from an old Christmas card.

After painting the ornaments with metallic water colors I wrapped gold thread around for garland. I love how the water colors gives the ornaments a distressed look.


For my tree which popsup when the card is opened I folded triangles in half and glued them to each other. I used six triangles for my tree but I think next time I may go with four instead. I air brushed my packages and then adhered ribbon. On the large packages I used Simplicity gem ribbon. Alas I have not been able to find anymore of it. Since I didn't have more cards to cut the border out of I cut photo paper into strips. Embossed with a retired Sizzix snowflake  border. Then airbrushed using a Sharpie metallic marker.

After air brushing the base of the small packages I used the airbrush with a dot stencils. I airbrushed the gems on the bows with the same marker as I did the dots.

In case you can't tell the eBrush  by Craftwell is the best present I've ever bought myself. It is so fun to see what I can do with it.

Wishing you Happy Frugal crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. So you cracked out your vanilla. That must mean your grey is gone--LOL. or not? This is a very pretty card when opened is full of surprise. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the surprise of the pop out tree. Lovely colors.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)