Friday, November 21, 2014

Cards For Caring Heart Drive and Last Card

Hi everyone! I wish I would have had time to have made more cards for the Caring Hearts Card drive but the deadline is the 28th and I wanted to allow time for the cards to get there. From my neck of the woods it usually takes about four days for mail to get to Texas or Ohio. If you are interested in participating you might still have time. http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2014/10/caring-hearts-card-drive-2014.html

I just finished the last card today. As well as did messages inside for the person getting the cards wishing them a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending on what stamp I used.
Here are the six cards I'm sending along with envelopes of course. 

Here is the last card I made today.Sorry I forgot the flash was on when I took the picture and was in a hurry to get things ready to mail.

The star background is one I made when I was playing with "moulding Paste" and a brass template.After the paste was dried I painted glitter paint over. Because the template was smaller than the card stock I went ahead and also covered the edges with the Moulding Paste.

The angel is a stamp by Hero Arts. I don't think she is still available. I have fond memories of stamping her and my son coloring her. As well as using glitter when we would make Christmas cards together.( We were eating glitter seasoned foods for months afterwards.) Although doing several moves I've purged my stamps she is one that is a definite keeper.

I colored her with Spectrum Noir markers and a gold sharpie for her trumpet and the stars on her dress. I did use chalk for her hair as the brown I have is too dark.

There you have it my rainy day crafting. Yeah! I got a ride to the post office before it closed so they are on the way.

On a personal note the reason I wanted to send cards is in memory of my husband. He loved watching me make cards and loved Christmas. Every year he would hand me a list of the people he wanted me to make cards for. I swear the list got longer every year but I didn't mind. He taught me the true meaning of Christmas which is to spread some joy in whatever small way you can.

I'm off to do some print and cuts so my granddaughter can make some cards this weekend. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again..

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work. The angel is very pretty in purple. I love that angel. Each card is beautiful in it's own way. For instance, I love the orange. So different but beautiful. Sounds like a fun way to spend a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards from a lovely giving lady.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)