Friday, December 20, 2013

More Gift Bags

Can you believe it is almost Christmas. I'm so far behind it is not funny. LOL! Perhaps if I didn't spend so much time making gift bags I would get more done. Since Christmas is not technically over until the 6th of January I still have time to get things done. ;-)

Here are two more gift bags I made using the SVG Cuts gift bag files.

I took the snowman which came with the file and turned him into a print and cut. I then added mistletoe from a Silhouette file on his hat. After he was cut out I brushed glue and sprinkled Martha Stewart crystal coarse glitter. I used green glitter for the ear muffs and scarf. I filled in the mouth with red glitter glue. I decided to use gems for his eyes. I also cut out the free snowflake file in Studio and brushed on glue and sprinkled with the coarse  glitter. The glue and glitter caused the scarf to curl and I decided when I glued the snowman down to let the scarf curl. Lol! It would not surprise me if Bug decides to carry this around as a purse.

This is the medium bag. I added the decorative strip on this one using shimmery paper. I was going to place the bell image on a paper doily but did not find them until I finished this. I had the cut out scallop circle in my stash along with another bird. I painted red Extreme Glitter on the circle. I finished the paint  so better remember to buy more before next Christmas. Once again I colored the leaves with peridot Extreme Glitter and used red glitter glue for the berries.

Yesterday I finally started decorating outside. My patio faces the parking lot and the entrance into the building so I thought it would be nice to greet people with some Holiday cheer. Besides both my neighbors above me decorated.





This was taken before I draped my Christmas flag over the air conditioner. I took my fountain and filled it full of flowers near the top and added candle lights. Wished I would have had more flowers to fill the rest of it. In front of the air conditioner is my tomato cage tree. I turned a tomato cage upside down and the plastic star keeps the wires together. I wired some of the candles on the cage and then wired a string of led lights.


I put a lighted garland around the post and filled a planter with fake flowers. The deciduous shrub provides nice privacy in the Summer but for now made it more difficult to decorate so that people could see. I placed snowflake lights near the concrete wall. The wreath on the door is strung with battery operated lights.

This was taken while I was coming in from a walk with the dogs. It is taken from the parking lot.

Opps! I was going to include some cards in with gifts and discovered that I never did the inside. I'm off to finish cards. At least these won't need to be mailed.

Just in case I don't post before Christmas I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Although I want to make a couple of cards for the New Year I will have company so I don't know if I'll have time.

Thank you for taking time during this busy season to stop by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Your bags have turned out absolutely gorgeous!!! Of course, the snowman is truly the favorite.
    The decorations you put up are beautiful.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gift bags are delightful. I'm sure you are the envy of family and friends with all your crafts. The glitter shows up so nice. You've just inspired me to start using the ton of glitter that I have. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)