Sunday, December 22, 2013

It Is Beginning To Look Like Christmas

Can you believe that Christmas is almost here. I hope you are getting done everything you want to get done. This is the last of my Christmas crafts. Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and relax for a few minutes.
After making a bunch of the circle paper ornaments I decided to try the same technique with different shapes. I'm thinking it might be fun to make a heart shaped ornament this way for Valentine's.

 Shhh! Don't tell anyone but when I resized I made the lid too small so it fits inside the box. I think though I like the clean looks of it.  Cut my tree out and painted and added gems for an embellishment. Just happened to find the star shape gem in my stash in pink.
Star shaped ornament painted and trimmed with glitter. Even glittered the ribbon. Card behind was in my stash from last year.


The last card of the season. The stamp is Hero Arts Joy To The World Angel stamp. Not sure it is still being made but was fun to bring out a stamp from the 90's. Image colored with pencils.

The inside of the card. I believe the cutting file is by Debbie from Paper Pulse. For some reason it did not cut out correctly twice so the star got lost. I believe she might have a corrected file on her site. I actually think I like it better with the use of a gem star.


I just finished putting the star on this today The lid shown here is shimmery paper I misted a long time ago while playing. The star is from the Silhouette store. I painted the star with Folk Art Sapphire and glittered the frame to make my embellishment.

This is the last of my Christmas crafting for the year. I have company coming today. I did color a coupon I designed online also but I can't show it here just in case someone should check out my blog.

I will be making Krumkake this week with a good friend. I will try to get pictures and may even take a video. I have never made Krumkake gluten free so I hope they turn out as they are my son's favorite Christmas cookie.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays whatever holiday you may celebrate. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again! 

2 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are fabulous. I can see why you have been so busy and trying to get ready for company too.
    Mmmm Krumkake sounds delicious. Would love to try some.
    Your manger scene is very pretty. Those are the kind of cards I like doing. They have such wow factor when people open them. lol
    Enjoy your season.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, haven't you been a busy girl. Love all the glitter on your ornaments. The scene is stunning. That would make a nice mass produced Christmas card, eh? Good luck with the Krumkake. Merry Christmas. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)