Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 6 Making Your Own Background paper

The assignment was to use stencils and paints to create a layered background. It was to start with a light color and gradually go darker with colors. Well I don't have stencils so before stamping images,scanning them and turning them into stencils I decided to see how they would work out used together.
I used bubble gum pink with a background stamp. Then with a cube stamp I used party pink ink. With another side of the cube stamp I stamped with black dye ink. I used a black and gray scrap of paper for the embossed panel. I discovered that it was similar to core cardstock so was able to sand it. I then rubbed gold ink over it but it appeared too yellow. The I rubbed red gold ink over. I didn't have black ribbon so I used a Sharpie marker to color it. I used my oval die to cut out the tag Don't tell my friend Beth but I used more of that gray cardstock. LOL!. I rubbed bubble gum pink over it making the edges darker. I used a Fancy Pants Bella stamp for the sentiment. I wanted to stamp with black but I didn't like how it looked using dye ink.I need to buy some black pigment ink. I went ahead and used the Party Pink.

Thank you for stopping by. Do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    Wow. Such a lot of steps to make such a pretty card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I even got to "don't tell Beth" I said to myself, "of course you used gray cardstock." LOL. I love, love, love this card. The pink is so awesome. I just bought a huge cube stamp at Michael's for only $4. For some reason they were clearing out a ton of stamps. Your sanding turned out well too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)