Saturday, March 9, 2013

Top Of The Morning St. Patrick Card

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I decided to make a St. Patrick Day card today. It is not perfect but the person getting it will appreciate it. (Note to self do not try to iron a napkin down on card stock or heat emboss near an open window. Also do not heat emboss on napkin before ironing it down it makes a mess.)

O.K. Here is my card.

The napkin was iron down on card stock using plastic wrap. If you do this make sure you use parchment paper so you don't mess up your iron. Just in case you might get the urge to iron. If you do let me know as I can find some for you to do.

I used an embossing ink pad and a Teresa Collins border stamp. The embossing powder is antique gold I finally found it after being out for months. I love the black in it.

I used orgami foil to put the the focal image on. I did not think of my double sided mounting squares showing through the foil. Now I know next time I decide to use orgami foil to not use the squares.

The image is one I found somewhere on the internet years ago. It is a print and cut and is printed on vellum. The next card I will be making with the image I will make it larger. With Studio software it is so easy to change the size.

That is all for today folks. Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

4 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    Such a bright St. Patricks day card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combinations of different greens and textures. Love that print, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Myoriah...love the border...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous idea!!!!! Never done this, but I'll have to try it,,,,,,,IF I can find my iron,,,it's probably covered in cobwebs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)