Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Don't Forget The Foil

Sometimes I get so caught up in crafting using regular supplies that I forget about using  household supplies like foil. So what can you do with foil? For starters you can glue it on card stock and emboss with an embossing folder or texture plate. Or you can dry emboss with a dry ink pen and maybe even gently rub ink over it. The foil can be crumpled up and unfolded and then inked or left as is.

I went and glued a piece of crumpled foil on the front of a blank card and glued an embossed glue sheet over it. I'm still trying to decide how to finish the front but will post when I'm done. In the meantime here is a card I made using crumpled foil which was then inked.(Click to enlarge)

 On top of the colored foil I glued mylar film. I bought the textured mylar years ago at a dollar store and alas have not been able to find more of it.

The scallop panel is another that I had the paper wrong on the mat and so the scallop did not cut on an edge. I inked it with Brilliance Sky Blue. Then I brushed Deco Arts Twinkles paint over it thicker in some places to give the illusion of snow drifts.Martha Stewart coarse crystal glitter was sprinkled on top of the paint.

The snowman is a print and cut. He was glitzed up with glitter gel pens.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I am not very patiently waiting for a bunch of goodies to be delivered so I can play. They arrived at my local Post Office this evening so I should have them in my hot little hand by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

5 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thanks for the reminder about the foil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foiling effect sure is pretty. You can never go wrong with glitter, shine, or sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The card is great. The Mylar , foil and glitter add so much to it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inked foil, Myoriah. You really have managed to pick up the sparkle on your card too. Often so difficult to photograph.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like you foil and all the sparkle, really glitzes it all up, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)