Monday, October 29, 2012

Sketch Challenge

Normally I don't do sketches. They seem to take me longer. However when I saw on the Silhouette Blog the Thursday sketch and that it was a challenge I knew I was going to want to come up with something. I started by looking through the Studio library. There are lots of files in there that I have never used. Many of them free files. The" love you bubble" was one of them. The different tags I have used. The tag I used for the card I made is one of my favorite ones. In fact I even made a shaped card using it.

Here is my card. (Click to enlarge)
Here is the sketch for the challenge:
This is how I did the card and what supplies I used.

The background is a pattern paper by Me and My Big from the Specialty pad. I decided that it was about  time I started to use card stock from that pad. 

Originally I had cut out a piece of gray card stock and had even swiped black ink over it as I was going to heat emboss hearts on it for the narrow strip. I couldn't find my small heart stamp and decided that the black was too stark. So instead I cut a scrap of the pink diagonal card stock. I think I like it better. I wish the dollar store had more of the card stock as I really like it.

The tag is cut from gray card stock and then inked with distress tea ink. I played around with different craft floss and decided to stick with the variegated brown for the bow. The pink I had looked to me like it was more orange. 

The pennant was part of a free cupcake topper file from last year. I just cut one end off. Originally the speech bubble was filled with a polka dot of pink and blues which is why I inked this piece pink and blue. I decided rather than  cut out another piece to go ahead and use it.

The speech bubble I rotated and mirrored after ungrouping as I didn't want the text to be backwards. Since I goofed and forgot to set the heart to no cut and didn't like the polka dot printed on gray paper I decided to fill it in with another paper. I decided to also fill the heart in with a different paper and to pan so that a small heart was in the heart.(Don't be surprised if the gray speech bubble is recycled in a future project. LOL!)

The hearts are foam hearts leftover from a package I bought years ago. I wish I would have had light pink but I only had the darker pink and white left. I had played around with some glam rocks but decided that I liked the foam hearts better.

So how did I do? It is not exactly like the sketch but it was fun to play with the love you speech bubble file. As well as to put my own spin on the layout.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I have new toys coming and still have the embossed glue sheets and other techniques to share with you.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Myoriah, cute card, love the different papers you used and that word bubble, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myoriah, I love this card! The back ground paper and design is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. xxx - Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute... love the music paper and that you flipped the thought bubble before cutting. That is a great tip on how to get more out of each shape!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)