Friday, October 5, 2012

Anything Goes With Steampunk Cards

I must confess that I did not know what Steampunk was until I checked out at the library a book on making Steampunk jewelry.  Then Kris on the Wishblade forum uploaded a Steampunk card  cutting file. Not sure where it was at but I downloaded  a cog border cutting file offered for free. Then from somewhere else there was a free pocket watch digi paper and a free single pocket watch image The images are a couple that were in a Dover Publication Sampler.

So when I saw that Cameo Creations Challenge was having an anything goes challenge I thought it would be fun to come up with some Steampunk cards. I printed and cut everything out with my Cameo. Then while visiting my sister I glued everything together.

Without further ado here are the three cards I made. (click to enlarge images)



Originally I was going to use this image with the cog border but after printing and cutting it out didn't care for how it looked.  While showing my sister my spray starch and perfect pearl backgrounds she mentioned that this one would be the perfect background for this image. I used silver leaf to paint the line around the background and pop dotted it to the blank card base. I  just happened to throw in this blank card with my craft stuff when I packed and was pleased at how well it worked out. I don't know what it is but I totally love this image. The colors and the fantasy of it all. The sentiments is from Teresa Collins Everyday Moments and it says "I want to always remember" The inside will say the days of dress up and make believe.
 This is Kris's Cog card. After cutting it out with the Cameo I heat embossed with copper. I didn't like the color of the background with the pocket watches so I inked the background with a distress ink. I also inked the edges of the image with the man and woman.
I did the same as above to the two images here. For the cog border where there was a huge cog I made the pocket watch to fit where the printed cog was. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but the pocket watch was coated with Dimensional Magic so it looks like it really has a crystal.

There you have my Steampunk cards which have been on my to do card list for almost a year now. I hope I have inspired you to try to put something like this together. It is kind of fun to make miniature works of art.

LOL! Now off you go to make an anything goes project with your Silhouette. You still have time to enter the challenge at Cameo Creations Challenge It doesn't have to be a card either.

Thank you for stopping by  and do come back. I started some Holiday cards at my sister and will be finishing those and posting them. It was so much fun to share crafting supplies with her and we spent three glorious days crafting and laughing. LOL! I've come home with a longer to do card list and ideas. As well as a longer wish list.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

5 comments:

  1. steampunk is so much fun, love the images you have used and great colors, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty cool! I love that you made them using print and cut! Thanks so much for joining us for the Cameo Creations Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this method before but it looks really cool! Thanks for sharing it with us Myoriah! I learned something new today :)

    Thank you for joining the Cameo Creations Challenge.

    Ceci V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is really neat! I have never heard of that technique! Thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creations Challenge!

    Toodles
    Monica DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome cards!!!
    Thanks so much for joining in our last challenge over at Cameo Creations Challenge Blog and hope you will join in on our new 3D challenge beginning today!
    Jessica~ CC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)