Friday, September 14, 2012

Vintage Window Christmas Card

I realize that I just put an Autumn background on my blog here and I'm talking about Christmas cards. To be honest I promise my next card is going to be an Autumn card. I can't promise though that it will not be vintage as the image has a vintage look to it.

This window card was inspired once again by the book on using scrapbook elements for cards. The book used a card blank with the window already cut out. They used a metal frame for the front...mine is cut out of card stock. The background for the picture was a metal sticker...mine is card stock.

And without further ado here are some pictures of my card.(click to enlarge)



I decided that I didn't want to cut out a square or rectangle. This image begs for something special. I took a free frame from the Studio library for my shape. I used that shape also for the actual frame and for inside the card. I ended up having to make two frames as I didn't think about the outer frame showing on the inside the way I had it sized. Opps! The frames were heat embossed with Recollection eggplant embossing powder. I love this powder so much that I think I better see if Michaels still carries it and if they do purchase another bottle. Originally I was going to paint the background for inside. However while cleaning I came across some Mylar wrapping paper I bought a few years back at a Dollar store. I glued a piece on  my shape by brushing white glue on the shape. Then when the glue was dried trimming it to fit. Usually when I fill an image I do it as a pattern. However, I did not want to fiddle with scale and panning so this time I used the crop option in my software for the picture. So there you have my sweet Vintage Christmas card. LOL! And that gray card stock I bought by mistake is beginning to grow on me. It works here great for a vintage card.

I hope I have inspired you to use what you have on hand. Also that I have inspired you to take someone else's idea and make it your own. 

I hope it will cool down so I can get back in my craft room and cut out what I need for my Autumn card. I have two different cards using the same layout and images but different embellishments in mind. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)