Sunday, February 7, 2021

First Marvelous MIni Masterpiece

 


Hi everyone I am excited to share today my first project for the Marvelous Mini Masterpiece design team.

This is a Facebook group with fun challenges. You can go strictly with the color palette or also use a mood board. The only rule is your project can be no larger than 4 x 5. I went for the colors and the stones in the mood board for my card topper.



The lady is cut out of a printed image that I downloaded from Dover years ago. Alas I don't think they are offering their free samples anymore. I collect feathers on my walks so snipped a section of one for on her hat. She is pop dotted on the card stock.

 The dragonfly and foliage were cut from scraps. Both were cut using dies I bought at a thrift store and I don't think they are available anymore. The pathway was another scrap from a project a few years back. Yes, I am a hoarder of bits and pieces. I rubbed chalk over the embossing to mimic the stones in the mood board. The fence a scrap embossed with a wood grain folder. Then gel stain rubbed over it and carefully wiped off  so as not to rip the paper.

The sky was chalked for like a sunset. Unfortunately my camera washed the color out a little bit.

I hope you will join the group and craft a masterpiece. Here is the link :Marvelous Mini Masterpieces

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)