Monday, January 4, 2021

Celebrating The New Year In Style

 Hi everyone,

I spent a fun weekend putting together this card for the New Year. I love this image which showed up in my inbox from Graphic Fairy Friday. It is a black and which image so I didn't have to convert it. 



I decided to make a Dutch Door card but didn't take into account that the image printed on photo paper would be too flimsy. I ended up having to cut out a piece of card stock the same size and round the corners to adhere to the back of my image.

It was fun coloring the image with color pencils and chalk. Then using Dimensional Magic with gold glitter for the champagne bubbles. She is celebrating the New Year in style but perhaps had a little too much of the bubbly.

For a Dutch Door card you will need one panel the size of the card you are making. For my card I cut my card stock to 4 1/4 " by 5 1/2". I thought it looked too plain so went ahead and embossed  a piece and after swiping ink over it glued it on top. I cut a scrap of glitter card stock to 3 1/2" by 8 1/5. Scored it at 4 1/4" and glued it to the embossed panel. You will want your image to be larger than the folded card stock. I printed mine out as a 3 x 5.

Happy Frugal Crafting until we meet again!




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. Your card is beautiful. I love the yellow and all those bubbles. Drop me an e-mail when you get the chance. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)