Sunday, January 3, 2021

Never More Than A Loving Thought Away

 HI Everyone I am back to crafting again. I am slowly turning the spare bedroom into a craft room now that my friend has moved out. The converted garage was too cold and I want to convert it back to a garage so that my car is out of the weather.

Here is a card I created for my friend for Christmas. I used photos from out favorite hiking place. Of course the dogs had to be included. I actually think he misses the dogs more than me.


Ignore the crappy counter the card is sitting one. I haven't set up a spot yet to take pictures. I also have not found where my good camera went. It is in the house somewhere.



The photo doesn't do this card justice as it is really sparkly. I used plastic coated glittered card stock for the card base and a scrap of a different color for the frame. It has been so long since I have used my cutting machine it took me a minute to remember how.


The photo the dogs are on was taken one winter in black and white mode. I always liked Ansel Adam's black and white photography so was playing around one day. 


With a stiff brush I pounced on heavy matt gel where the snow is in the picture. Then while still wet I sprinkled white coarse glitter over it. I gave the tree trunks definition using a brown marker. I loved how it turned out coloring on photo paper with a marker. The boys were sitting on a wall and the photo was in color. Alas my color printers have all died so I had to convert the photo to black and white. Which is alright as the boys are black and Buddy has a lot of white fur. I cut them out and then adhered to the back side of the frame before adhering the frame to the background. 


My friend loved his Christmas card and I purposely did not do a holiday sentiment on the outside so he could display it all year long if he wished.


I am busy working on New Year's card. Right now waiting for Dimensional Magic to dry so I can finish one.  Stay tuned as I will probably be posting it this week. 


Wishing you a Happy New Year as well as Happy Frugal Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)