Thursday, February 12, 2015

Spring Birthday Card

Hi everyone I've probably lost my credibility of being a frugal crafter as I once again went on a shopping spree. I went into Jo Ann's to buy a blue Distress Ink since my colors of Distress Ink are really limited and came out with five embossing folders. I had been drooling over the embossing folder I used for this card and one other but they were $5 each. So when I could get both folders and three others for $10 I went for it. Lol! I did remember to buy my blue ink which was on sale. O.K. I know you don't want to read about me falling off the wagon and spending money on crafting goodies so on with the post. Here is the card I made.



I don't know about you but I'm ready for Spring so decided to make a Spring Birthday card since I know people with Spring birthdays. I started by taking a Darice embossing folder and inking the Darice side with Concord Grape, Peeled Paint, and Tumbler Blue randomly.. Then I took my mister bottle and misted the folder and placed my card stock in it and embossed. This is what I ended up with. It is always fun to use embossing folders this way as you never know what you will end up with. Of course now I need to buy even more colors of Distress Ink. Lol!

Then I took my Versamark watermark ink pad to stamp my Cherry Blossom Bird. I don't know if this stamp by Stampabilities is still available or not. I guess I had not cleaned the stamp well enough the last time I used it as when I stamped my image was colored. Which in this case was all right as it made it easier to color with chalk.  After my image colored I carefully cut it out by hand. The bottom of the image was adhered with tape and the bird and flowers are pop dotted on the card.

I took a cut out left over from cutting a frame out and cut it to make the tag for the sentiment. Normally I don't use Distress Ink for stamping sentiments because the ink as the name says distresses so you don't get a sharp ,crisp image. In this case though I wanted a softness. I then edged my tag with a purple pearl DecoFabric marker. The markers don't work well in my air brush but I love using them for other things.

There you have it my Spring card now if Spring can hurry up and come to my neck of the woods I"ll be happy. Are you ready for Spring?

I was going to go and clean up under my desk in my "playroom" but that might have to wait as I just got some stamps I ordered from High Hopes. :-)

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! Love the colors.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty, pretty card. I love the distress colours and that newly store bought embossing folder, Al noticed your card and said he likes it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)