Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Altered Week Playing Cards Week 22

Hi everyone this week's altered playing cards was a challenge. The challenge was to use Elmer's glue with a stencil. Not only did the glue run but it took forever to dry. If I remember correctly last time I tried glue with stencils I used the gel glue instead of school glue. Oh well it was fun playing and although the diagonal stencil ran I like the way it turned out using a glaze over the paint. Here is Claudine's cards for this week.

And here are mine:

I am not totally happy the way this one turned out. I was trying to make it look like an old slide. 
I took a card I had used gesso and a circles stencil and placed that same stencil on it and used Elmer's glue  with this stencil it didn't run too bad. When it was dry I painted with Cafe Au Lait and Nutmeg paint. Then after that dried I brushed on Walnut gel stain and let it sit for awhile. Then I took a dry brush and brush off paint. The slide was a free Silhouette file. I cut it out and attached plastic which I had air brushed orange on.  Then glued my cut out. The slide looked too stark so I used Antique Distress Linen on it and a black Sharpie. I decided since the photo is of someone in a military uniform to tear out the word patriot from a dictionary. I edged that with a black Sharpie.


 I love hos this one turned out although I was unhappy with the glue and stencil since the glue ran together.  Not only that but it took several hours before I could staart using paint. I started by painting with Peridot paint which is a metallic paint. It dries really quickly and gives a nice sheen.  I then mixed Ivy Green with a glaze additive. Painted it on and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I took a paper towel and wiped in a circular motion removing paint. I stamped only the Remember part of a stamp on white tissue paper and heat embossed with copper. The lighting faded it out in the photo. I then glued it down using Vintage Creative Medium to take the starkness away from the white tissue paper. I found the neat post card tape at Dollar Tree alas when I went back a couple of days later they were sold out. I will keep my eyes out at different Dollar Trees and maybe I can pick up some more of the tape. I stamped my lady who was originally a stamp with her on a playing card with Memento black ink. I had first tried to heat emboss with copper like Claudine did but too many fine details. She is colored with chalk and with color pencil. as well as some old eye shadow.I was terrified that I was going to mess up doing the eyes and lips with color pencil but they turned out just fine.

There you have it this week's altered playing cards. I'm off to running errands. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you made an old slide. You are too hard on yourself. It looks just like an old slide. Your lady project turned out nice too. The background is awesome. Love the idea of gluing through a stencil. You're always up for anything, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)