Friday, May 30, 2014

Hope Card

Hello my dear readers. The sun is shining beckoning me to get out in nature with my dogs so as soon as I get this posted I will. What a great way it will be with camera in hand to start my weekend.

While working on this card I was thinking about the word Hope. When I think of Hope I think of the song "Whispering Hope". As a girl I was helping my dad clean out an old house when I found a bunch of 78's. Among them was "Whispering Hope" sung by Jo Stafford. That song got me through my teenage years. Although the record is long gone those words still get me through the not so good times when they come.

"Soft as the voice of an angel,
Breathing a lesson unheard,
Hope with a gentle persuasion
Whispers her comforting word:
Wait till the darkness is over,
Wait till the tempest is done,
Hope for the sunshine tomorrow,
After the shower is gone."
 The card base doesn't really show in this photo but it is a shimmery pearl. The word hope was created using the Brush Script font and then cut out with my Cameo. I scribbled  three different metallic gelatos on the letters and then brushed a wet brush across. I love the mottled look that I got.

The embossed panel was embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. Gelatos was scribbled on it after embossing then blended with my fingers although I'm sure a sponge or cotton ball would have worked just as well. You know me I love to get messy.

My abstract flower actually was made using this week's free frame that was part of the Silhouette free file I just resized the frame to two different sizes. Then resized one so it was a circle. I then colored using Inka Gold. This same effect can be gotten using dies like the "Spellbinders" ones if you have them.

The butterfly file came with my Cameo. I painted it using 3D paint and giving it some texture by drawing the nozzle through the paint. I added scrapper floss to the back creating the antennae since the file didn't have that part of the butterfly. Of course I had to pop dot the butterfly to give dimension.

All I have left now is to print out the words of the song and adhere them inside and then mail it. Hopefully this card will bring hope to someone going through a not so good time right now. When you think of the word hope what comes to mind?

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure that this song got me through any rough times but I know I sang it often.
    Wow, what a creative little miss you are. The card is so cool.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, mmm, mmm. I think this is definitely one of my favourite cards of yours. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)