Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Beauty Of Easter Card

Today was a rainy day so I decided to play. The hours quickly went by as I tried one thing and then another. I spent awhile playing around with gel resist but didn't like the panel I worked on. I think it might work better with a foam stamp than with an eraser. Since I was going to use it as a background on a card I decided to play some more. Using an eraser as a stamp with ink. Since the eraser shape was pretty much filled in I decided to see if I could do some embellishing of the shape with colored pencils. Since it worked I changed my original idea. Oh and I was listening to Jewel sing again. LOL! I think my muse must really like her singing.

I love how this card turned out. I think the person getting it will love it.
For the background I rubbed Breeze Recollection chalk ink over the gray card stock for sky. I cut a mask out to use for the grass. I used Peeled Paint distress ink. I took a butterfly shaped eraser and stamped the butterfly with Stazon Rusty Brown Ink. Then with a brown colored pencil drew in the body and antennae. As well as used  yellow and vermilion pencils on the wings.

I traced the basket in Studio and turned it into a print and cut. I only wanted the Easter basket and not the rest of what was in the original graphic. I inked the edges of the basket with Vintage Photo distress ink. Originally I was going to weave narrow ribbon in the basket where the ribbon is but when I tried there was some ripping.

I don't know who the quote is by but I love it. I used Lucida Handwriting font for it and use the graduated color option to fill the letters. I inked the edges of the panel with gold ink.

I did a test cut on the popup file I was working on. It worked but now I want to see if I can get rid of the colored folding lines in the image using Photo Shop. If I can't I'll use the file the way it is now. I don't think my granddaughters will mind.

Are you working on any Easter or Spring projects? Have you tried anything new lately?

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the graduated colour you used on your font. Your bunny in the basket is adorable. Like the idea of how you stamped an eraser. You do think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. I love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)