Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Joy Card

I don't know whose law it is but all Winter I kept running across my set of Spring/Easter stamps. Now that I've started making cards for Easter I can't find the set. I did find one stamp from the set that had somehow gotten separated. I really think my dogs are crafting when I am not looking.

I am loving the card that I made today. Here is my Spring Joy card:
Usually I do not use my pattern card stock as so many of the patterns seem so large for use on cards. However, I decided to play around after I had the focal image adhered to the circle. Although I had other pattern card stock which would work I liked this the best. It echoes some of the colors. This pattern is from the Me and My Big Ideas Specialty Papers 12x12 pad.

My good friend Beth Norman sent me a newsletter that showed how to use two nestabilties dies by first embossing using two of the dies and then cutting out the larger one. My circle one worked the best for the focal image that I had already printed out. I decided to cut the focal image out with a smaller die. The focal image was a border but I went and cropped it in Photo Shop to use. I thought the words Love were too faint  so I traced over the letters with a blue glitter pen.

I thought I had white grosgrain ribbon but could only find cream color. I decided to use this green ribbon that Santa brought me. It was a little too narrow for all of the flower to show on the i and j but I think it worked pretty well. I am loving how nice stamping on ribbon is turning out. Especially stamping on grosgrain ribbon which is textured.

That is all for now. I am working on modifying a pop up template to work with my cutting machine. So far I think it would be faster to print it and cut it out by hand. LOL! Hopefully I can get it figured out and made up soon.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty spring card. Such a neat use of the dies.
    Isn't Beth N. just the sweetest person? She was there for me when I started crafting a few years ago.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is your card. I'm so glad you like your newsletter. Don't forget that it has a password attached so you can enter it on their website. Happy Stamping.

    hugs,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)