Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Little Bird Told Me Birthday Card

I hope you are having a wonderful day. I've been crafting today listening to Jewel sing on my CD. My muse must like her music because this card evolved from my original idea and I am loving it. I don't know about you but I have trouble making  more masculine cards.

Well I've hung my clear stamps and cling stamps up on a wire rack. When I saw the bird stamp by Stampendous and the sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado Inspiration Lift set I knew they would be perfect together for a card.

Without further ado here is my card:(Click to enlarge)
First I took the bird stamp and used my liquid embossing liquid. With a stamp like this you get more even coverage than with a embossing ink pad. I used my hard mouse pad under the card stock to stamp. It worked better than my stamping plate. Then heat embossed with a copper embossing powder.

I tore a piece of copy paper in a crazy pattern to use for my mask.  Put it on my card stock and chalked with the different colors so that it would look like a sunrise. Or at least I think a sunrise. LOL! I'm never awake that early to see one. Then I chalked the bird. Because the image is heat embossed the chalk will not stick to where it is embossed. I noticed I missed a few spots on the bird so will chalk those before I mail this card. I am going to leave the background showing through the branches and the leaves.

I decided to stamp the sentiment on a piece of ribbon instead of directly or on paper or card stock. I decided to stamp using once again my hard mouse pad. I got a good crisp stamp that way. I discovered that although my black ink worked that it smeared when I cut the ends. :-( My Forrest Green Stazon ink worked perfectly. Originally I was going to stamp on a cream ribbon but when I saw the orange in the rack I decided to try that. I noticed that it really makes the background pop. LOL! It pays for me to have my ribbon now where I can see them instead of in a box.

Although I put in Studio the exact dimension that my blank card is suppose to be my card stock was cut just a hair short. So I decided to have the base color show at the bottom. I will keep that in mind next time I cut card stock for a panel on the front.

What do you think of my masculine birthday card? I'm thinking I can take the same idea and print on the ribbon Happy Easter for at least one card. I'm not sure though whether printing on grosgrain ribbon will be crisp. The only way to find out is to try it. :-)

Wishing you a Blessed day as well as Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    What a gorgeous card. Such a lot of work but it turned out so well.
    You are very talented.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is my favourite card of yours. Awesome. The shine is gorgeous. Rock on. Perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Myoriah. I like the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)