Thursday, June 7, 2012

Paper Casting Cards

In no time at all you can put together cards if you have paper cast embellishments made.  As well as an assortment of card bases and shapes on hand. I posted about making paper cast embellishments here.
http://craftingfrugalway.blogspot.com/2012/06/paper-casting-embellishments.html

Here is a card I made from a soap paper casting. I love this sun and this time I didn't make it as thick as in the past.
Click on image to enlarge
Quick and easy to put the card together. Even with doing the sentiment in Studio it took less than ten minutes to put this card together. I did spritz the sun with Perfect Pearls Gold mixed in water ahead of time. The gold flecks don't really show up in the picture. I thought it interesting that the paper castings actually dry quicker than card stock when I spritz them.

Ta da! Here is my second card.


While downloading this week's samples from Dover I saw the black and white flower. I quickly changed the idea of what I was going to do.

Here is a closeup of the flower and you can see the Mandarin orange that I spritzed on the stamp casting as well as the gold on the flower.


If you have ragged edges  and don't like them on your stamp casting you are going to want to cover them some how like I did here with grosgrain ribbon. Or trim with a guillotine type paper cutter. Your blade paper trimmer is not going to do the job.

I hope I have inspired you and given you some ideas you can use in your crafting. Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I'm going to be playing with glue paint and posting instructions. Hopefully I can get a card made using what I paint. This can be fun project for the kids to do as well as inexpensive.

Wishing you Happy Frugal crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! those cards turned out spectacular! I really, really, need to buy an old blender. Those cards are just too cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)