Sunday, June 3, 2012

Gone Postal!

No! No! Not postal that way. Although I must confess I was ready to shoot Cameron because he wasn't recognizing the registration marks for a print and cut. Instead I've gone postal creating a card for the Moxie Fab World Postage challenge.

In case you haven't noticed the postage theme is still going strong when it comes to using it in crafting. It seems like every day another company is coming out with postage theme products. Now having said that I don't have any of those products. However that doesn't mean that a project can't have a postage theme. After all with a little bit of research you can come up with all kinds of digital images to use. You can even make a small envelope and card like I did.

Oh, you want to see the card. Just a moment while I put the finishing touches on it. Don't worry you won't have to wait too long because this is the magic of the internet.

Drum roll sounding! :)



The background is a stamp collage that I cropped and resized. The airmail envelope,letter and post card were also resized. As was the pen. Oh and notice the trendy chevrons on the pen how neat is that! (These are all Royalty Free images) Easy Peasy  print and cut lol as long as Cameron recognizes the registration marks. The small envelope is actually cut from a recycled envelope. In fact the card is covering the bar code on it. The card is from the scallop label file in Studio library. (lol! yes another free file) Just replicated and welded as well as resized. The front  of it is stamped with a background stamp. I did pop dot the envelope on the card as I did not want the pen to be flat.

There is still time to get in on the fun. http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/05/card-creations-week-postage-challenge.html

This was my first attempt at doing a postage card. I'm not sure whether I like it or not but it did encourage me to think outside of the box. As well as practice printing and cutting. I do know that I'll be making more mini envelopes and cards to add to cards. As well as putting together more collages in my cards. I had forgotten how much fun making collages are.

My tip is to use those envelopes you were just going to throw in the trash in your crafting. Hey after all they are free even if bills come in them. LOL!

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I am off to work on a Father's Day card for my roommate. I hope I can pull it off as it is pretty hard to top the iDad card from last year. Yes a iphone shaped card where the icons opened to reveal secret messages.

Wishing you happy Frugal crafting till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)