Monday, March 5, 2012

From Trash To Treasure Using What You Find Card


What do these things have in common? Well these are all things I have found while out walking the dogs. Yes, even the broken cell phone. Which even has a micro sd card left in. Not sure it is even good but very tempting to try to see what is on it. 


Adding tape for a machine  I don't have,backing from Zots,backside of Mylar Christmas wrapping paper,and corrugated packing foam. These are some other things I want to play with and see what I can come up with.

So why am I showing you these? Well over at Silhouette Plus forum is a challenge for making a card using recycled items. Some of these objects are going to be used in a card now and others probably in the future. 

Well I managed to get the keyboard part of the cell phone taken apart. I am using a thin metal piece which helps hold the keys in.As well as a couple of the keys. The adding machine tape ripped while trying to cut it with the Cameo so I spritzed my faux glimmer mist on it and using it as faux Washi tape. I painted the blue thing that I think was part of a toy and adhered rhinestones to it. I glued the mylar paper onto a piece of card stock. I had cut out the daisy chain from a scrap of card stock to mask the adding machine tape when I spritzed the glimmer mist on. Didn't like the way the tape turned out but I can salvage part of it like I did in my card here.

O.K. if you have gotten this far here is the card I came up with. I love it. Let me know what you think.

I'm really glad that I kept that scrap piece of Christmas wrapping because using the back side of it really added to this card.

Look around and see what you can use that perhaps you wouldn't normally use. I hope that you will play around and submit an entry to the challenge. I know a shameful plug on my part. LOL!

Thank you for stopping by and do come back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)