Friday, March 23, 2012

Challenge Yourself!

Lately there seems to be all kinds of challenges. More challenges than I have time to do unless I don't eat and sleep. Anyway over at Monica's is the fourth Cameo challenge. (link to her site on the right hand side) This challenge is to use a digital stamp,buttons, a square card,and any Silhouette machine. I don't usually do square cards so this is different for me. I do use digital stamps sometimes because they are easy to resize where with the conventional ones you are stuck with whatever size the stamp is.

This was a fun card to do and I did a lot of experimenting. The sky in the background is Gesso mixed with Stream color alcohol ink. I did not totally mix it in the Gesso and applied it with a gift card that was no longer good. The grass is  Gesso with the Stream and Butterscotch alcohol ink added. It was applied with a cheap 1" bristle brush that is tapered. I don't know where I got the lattice file from. I made it smaller and cut it with my Cameo. I sprayed adhesive on  the lattice and then shook embossing enamel on it and heat embossed it.The sentiment is stamped on burlap which Gesso has been applied to using again the gift card. I mixed Butterscotch ink in the Gesso. The sentiment is stamped with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink. I discovered that distress  and dye inks worked the best. The buttons are g studio adhesive buttons. I used Karen Foster scrapping floss to attach them to the burlap. The butterfly is a Silhouette free file. I really shrunk it down. I heat embossed coarse gold embossing powder on the solid piece and chalked the intricate piece. The antennae tore when I took the butterfly off the mat but since I already knew I was going to wrap the Karen Foster floss around it was no big deal. The digital stamp was originally a rubber stamp in my sister's collection. When I first got my Silhouette almost a year ago she stamped and scanned in her stamped images. This was the most challenging one for me to turn into a print and cut file. I decided rather than to fill in with color in Studio to use my chalks. I also chalked the flower and used my glitter pens. The glitter doesn't really show up in the picture.

I love the way this card turned out. If I was going to mail it I would leave the buttons off and instead add a couple of butterflies. Otherwise even with the embossed lattice this is flat enough that no extra postage or hand stamping would be needed.

Thank you for stopping by. If you would like to join this challenge there is still time. I encourage you to try a challenge or two. Not only can they be fun but I learn a lot and find myself trying new things.

Happy Spring whether your weather is still Winter or it is already Summer. Happy crafting also. Do stop by again

7 comments:

  1. What a cute card Myoriah! I love the embossed lattice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous! I love the embossing! Thank you for joining us over at Cameo Creations!

    Toodles
    Monica

    www.monicascreativemadness.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love all of the techniques you used! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Cameo Creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! This is amazing! I love all the techniques, you did an amazing job! Thank you for playing along with us at Cameo Creations and we hope that you will join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable!! Love the whole LO of your card!
    Thanks for sharing with us over at Cameo Creations and hope to see you back for the next challenge :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing along in the challenge. We hope to see you play along in the next one too. : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)