Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Butterflies Mother's Day Card

Hi everyone yesterday I shared with you a Mother's Day card I made for my DIL today I have one I made for a friend's mother. I did the cutting of my pieces and the painting at the same time that I did my other card. The only change I made was to make the frame with three openings instead of two for this card. Also I used used dryer sheets which had been ironed and mod podged together to make my butterflies. I love how the butterflies turned out.

I did my frame panel the same as for my previous card by painting with dye inks. Then this time I stamped the panel adding some shadow stamping.

For my butterflies after the mod podge was dry I used my eBrush to color the dryer sheet.  I stamped and used a embossing pen. The Stazon ink smeared but in this case no damage was done. I used Recollection glitter embossing powder. I love how it picks up whatever color is on the surface.  If you decide to heat emboss dryer sheets be really careful with your heat gun. I did melt a piece of the dryer sheet but luckily not where I had stamped. Then I hand cut out my butterflies. I don't know whether dryer sheets could be used with a die cut machine. I know my Cameo would not cut it as the blade would get caught in the weave of the dryer sheets. Although I used a butterfly stamp any stamp will work. 

Here is the finished card. As I said in my previous post my laser printer did not like my cardstock so my foiling for the border is shabby. I went ahead and used my eBrush with a purple marker to airbrush my card base. The sentiment was foiled after I printed it out on the laser printer.


I encourage you if you use dryer sheets to save them to use in your crafting. They add a nice texture.

Off to walk to the mailbox to get the card in the mail. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty. Your butterflies turned out great.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used dryer sheets once and indeed they turn out nice. Your butterflies are gorgeous. Love the deep purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)