I did a nice watercolor background of yellow and blue. Alas when I tried to glue down a loose edge I got a spot of glue on it. When I rubbed the glue it took the watercolor up with it. I carefully took my elements off and repainted it. Of course the blue and yellow turned to green. It was a Christmas green and I didn't really like it so I went and painted turquoise extreme glitter paint over it. It really softened the green.
My lady here is a composite of three different images. I thought it would be fun to give her the boots that the man in the image was wearing. More down below on the third image I used.
After I got the woman and the sentiment adhered I felt like I needed to do something else. I took a piece of white craft foam and cut it with a Sizzix flower die. Airbrushed color on it and then adhered microbeads which I never seem to use. I think now it would have been better for me to have used the fuchsia color of beads but oh well.
O.K. I told you I would tell you about the third image. The original lady had very demur downcast eyes. I cropped a pair of eyes out of the image I used on my second card.
I did my sentiment in Studio the software for my cutter. I did an offset to get the shape. Originally I had drawn around it with a marker but had gotten some of the marker where I did not want it. The shade of blue was all wrong anyway.
Good thing with saved files and a little bit of ingenuity I can do re-dos. I think that is why I don't usually use commercial products as it can be more difficult to do things over.
Taking my e-Brush I airbrushed with markers. Alas I was going to just use the dark color around the edges but it went where I did not want it to on low. I used a blender pen in the e-Brush and then went back and e-Brushed with the lighter gray and the taupe color. This was one of those happy accidents and I love the result.
The flower was a free file from Silhouette. I went and filled it in with part of a digital copy of the cover sheet music of "Hello Beautiful" by Walter Donaldson. It is interesting that there were two versions of this cover one with a man in the center and this one with the woman.
I took corrugated cardboard to make my stem and leaf. Then I took a scrap of Kraft cardstock and a white gel pen and wrote out my sentiment. When I was playing with my flower image I did the sentiment around it but I did not like how it looked. I printed out the sentiment on a scrap as well as wrote it out and went with the script. Even though I feel like my hand writing could use some improving. LOL
Frugal tip: Scour thrift stores for old sheet music to buy for crafting. A lot of old sheet music has wonderful images on them. Many of them the copyrights have run out on and never been renewed, Especially if they were copyrighted in the 30's and 40's. I prefer to scan in the sheet music instead of using the original piece. Maybe I'm afraid that the sheet music police will arrest me. Lol!
This is all for now and it will probably be next week until I post again. I have a ton of cards which I want to finish on the inside. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!