This week the challenge was to do one card in bold, vibrant colors and another in more subtle colors using the same color families. Lol! My challenge ended up being how to salvage things without starting all over. Lol! I probably should have taken some pictures of my messes and then you would appreciate the final outcome as they were a mess. I wasn't sure I could salvage the second card.. Here is Claudine's cards.
Drum roll and here is mine:
Claudine had drawn circles in her gesso During prep of the cards I had used gesso with a circle stencil on a card. I love how some of the card background shows through. I airbrushed with yellow and green. It was really looking nice until I decided to airbrush the smaller circles with orange using a Sharpie. The ink splattered and dripped making a mess. I went and used an alcohol blender marker. Then airbrushed again with yellow and green. It wasn't vibrant enough so I used neon markers and colored the circles by hand. I had to keep cleaning the markers on scratch paper but I like the effect on the smaller circles I got by coloring in circles. I then stamped with Ranger's Archival black ink my flowers in the larger circles. Used a white gel pen to make dots in the centers and then colored the petals with a yellow glaze pen. I took a black sharpie and scribbled around the orange smaller circles. Then printed out my quote and cut it apart.
I then with markers inked up just the large poppy on a Hero Arts rubber stamp. Stamped on my card. The definition wasn't that good so I drew around with a black sharpie. I had also gotten a smudged line with the stem. Which I was able to cover up with the marker. I didn't really like how the background showed through so I took an alcohol blender marker and that is when things got messy.. Opps! Alcohol Blender markers and Sharpies don't play well. The black bled and made a big mess around the poppy. I kept playing with the alcohol marker until it looked more presentable. (I did learn that using a fine point on the blender pen I can get a soft blurred effect) I then took my finger and wild honey distress paint and covered some of the gray. softening it more. I then masked everything but where the poppy had been and re-stamped it . At this point I went and watched television thinking that I was going to start over when my show was over. However, when I came back to the craft table it didn't look all that bad.
The fairy is one from a CD I had at one time which had different costumes and different fairy bodies which allowed you to custom design fairies. After printing and cutting her I colored her with Prismacolor markers and her outfit with a green metallic pencil. Or at least the pencil said it was green but it looks blue to me. She is pop dotted on the card.
The Believe is from a Fancy Pants stamp set. I stamped it on vellum with Ranger's Black archival ink and then cut it out free form. I decided to staple it on the card but not sure that I like how it turned out. I did not realize for one thing that the staples were so big as I have never used my stapler with color staples. Oh the shame!
I challenge you to create a project using vibrant colors if you usually use subtle colors and to create a project using subtle colors if you usually use vibrant colors. If you are into card making you might even want to make the same version of the card. One vibrant and the other subtle.
O.K I'm off to work more on my craft room. I've been told to clean it up so I'm working on it. *sigh* non-creative people don't realize that most of us creative types need some chaos to help us create. As long as there is nothing flammable by the heater and nothing which will topple over and bury me I don't understand all the fuss. I will be back with another card as I just bought a snowflake embossing folder I can't wait to use.
Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!