Monday, November 10, 2014

Birthday Card For A Dancer

Hi everyone I hope you are staying warm. This month my dancing granddaughter has a birthday. She loves to dance and loves wearing a tutu and her ballet slippers. In fact if her mother doesn't pay attention she will wear them to school. Lol! This is the card I just finished today.
For the background of this card I was experimenting to see if I could tie dye with my eBrush airbrush. It did not work but being the frugal crafter I am I went ahead and finished eBrushing all of the tissue paper which has sequins.  I then went and glued the tissue paper to a piece of cardstock which I had covered with a piece of kitchen foil.

I could not find my paper doilies but did find one which I had tried to stamp on but didn't like. I've been using it on my gelli plate but thought I could go ahead and use it for a stencil.  I used re-positional glue in order to affix the doily down on my cardstock before using my eBrush. I used two different turquoise markers.

I found this tutu image while searching for free clipart and thought it would make a fun card for my little dancer. I turned it into a print and cut. The ballet slippers was a free rhinestone file from the Silhouette store. I went and traced it in Studio. Then filled in with color and a pattern, Before printing it I made sure the inside of the slippers was not set to cut. After I got it cut I didn't like how they looked so I went ahead and colored the outside of the slippers with a glaze pen. Then I used Liquid Pearls to dress them up.. I slipped the slippers on the hook of the hanger and pop dotted the tutu onto the card.

I used a metal embossing folder for the Happy Birthday. I had been playing with markers on the folder and had not cleaned it off good so some of the colors transferred to my embossing giving a speckled look. I then using my eBrush with the pale lavender marker I had used on the tissue paper. Then I hand cut around the Happy Birthday instead of leaving it a rectangle.

I hope my Diva Dancer will like her birthday card. Now I need to start on this week's altered playing card challenge. This week it is a 'tough one for me because it is thinking outside the box.

Wishing You Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Your little diva dancer will love it. It is gorgeous.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect for your little dancer. You always find just the right images don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)