For the background of this card I was experimenting to see if I could tie dye with my eBrush airbrush. It did not work but being the frugal crafter I am I went ahead and finished eBrushing all of the tissue paper which has sequins. I then went and glued the tissue paper to a piece of cardstock which I had covered with a piece of kitchen foil.
I could not find my paper doilies but did find one which I had tried to stamp on but didn't like. I've been using it on my gelli plate but thought I could go ahead and use it for a stencil. I used re-positional glue in order to affix the doily down on my cardstock before using my eBrush. I used two different turquoise markers.
I found this tutu image while searching for free clipart and thought it would make a fun card for my little dancer. I turned it into a print and cut. The ballet slippers was a free rhinestone file from the Silhouette store. I went and traced it in Studio. Then filled in with color and a pattern, Before printing it I made sure the inside of the slippers was not set to cut. After I got it cut I didn't like how they looked so I went ahead and colored the outside of the slippers with a glaze pen. Then I used Liquid Pearls to dress them up.. I slipped the slippers on the hook of the hanger and pop dotted the tutu onto the card.
I used a metal embossing folder for the Happy Birthday. I had been playing with markers on the folder and had not cleaned it off good so some of the colors transferred to my embossing giving a speckled look. I then using my eBrush with the pale lavender marker I had used on the tissue paper. Then I hand cut around the Happy Birthday instead of leaving it a rectangle.
I hope my Diva Dancer will like her birthday card. Now I need to start on this week's altered playing card challenge. This week it is a 'tough one for me because it is thinking outside the box.
Wishing You Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!