Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day Experimenting And Card


Today is World Card Making Day so I decided to make a card. If you remember in the last post I was talking about using Distress Paint on plastic. I cut a circle out of the plastic that I had painted Distress Paint on with my fingers. However, I discovered that the paint scratches off. Also I had gotten glue on the front when I was gluing a gem ribbon and when I tried to wipe it off with a damp paper towel the Stazon Ink I used smear, Argh! I probably should have used Glazon as that probably would not have happened. So it was back to the drawing board. I did play with stamping with Distress Paint.

I started out by making a circle window card base. Using a cosmetic square I rubbed in a circle some Teal Stazon Ink. Then I went and used  Stazon Cherry Pink ink with my lace background stamp. Because the stamp is so small I had to stamp twice using the stamp horizontally.

I cut the butterflies out. I experimented with a technique I had seen about using washable markers and water. I didn't like how it turned out. So I used  a yellow water color marker on these two. The reason I did them yellow is that the circle I was going to use had yellow in it. I then stamped with Stazon Teal ink using a flourish stamp and colored the body in with the brown marker. Then adhered them to the card with adhesive foam.

The circle was stamped using Broken China and Pickled Raspberry Distress Paint.  I was playing and can see lots of possibility using Distress Paints to stamp with. I could have put some Distress Paint on a mat and then used a brayer then placing the stamp in it like you would with an ink pad but I decided to apply it directly.

The gem ribbon is suppose to be adhesive backed but the adhesive must have dried.Perhaps that is why it was on clearance several years ago. I have not seen any since although I keep looking.

When I was playing with the gem ribbon I tried first to hot glue it onto the plastic. The glue dried too fast and I was unable to re-position if need be. I then went with tacky glue and that is when I got some tacky glue on the front of the plastic panel and messed it up trying to wash the glue off. So this time I applied the tacky glue directly to the ribbon. After the glue was dried I adhered the circle on the inside of the card.

I hope if you made a card for World Card Making Day that you had fun. Although at times as things didn't work out as planned it was frustrating it was also fun to play.

Off to clean off my area so I can play with my new toy that the mail carrier just delivered. It is an early Christmas gift to myself as I was not sure that the deal would still be available come Black Friday. Lol! Of course my justification is that it is for the grandchildren to play with.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back next week to see what I come up with. I have not seen the list of supplies nor has anyone leaked what the themes will be for altered playing card. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


  1. Such a pretty background. Lots of playing went into this card. Your butterflies are really cute.

  2. Very pretty. It reminds me of something victorian. Great results.


Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)