Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stocking Christmas Card/Gift Card Holder

I saw in a book a simple card with a stocking on front and got to thinking that if the stocking was large enough it could be used to hold a gift card. After a little bit of trial and error I managed to get the stocking large enough to hold a gift card but still fit on an A2 card.
The silver trim on the edge of the card doesn't really show up  in the photo but I took a silver paint pen to draw a line. I used for my background a piece of sheet music that I scanned a few years ago.  I used a stencil on the stocking and airbrushed with a marker. I then took a gel marker and did my faux stitching around the stocking. I didn't have any buttons the right color so I went and brushed those and the scrap floss with an air brush. I took a piece of ribbon for the loop at the top of the stocking.

Here it is with a gift card inside. I normally don't do gift cards but with the price of shipping things it is more practical if you want to give something to someone who lives out of town.. Also sometimes it is nice if the receiver can pick out what they want. For example every year I buy my grandchildren books but I thought they might have fun picking out their own book for a change this year. Do you give out gift cards?

I plan to be working on more Christmas cards so do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Great card!!!
    Yes, I do gift cards.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love gift cards for sure. What a cool gift card holder you made, and talk about being smart by changing the colour of the buttons. Your ideas rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)