The background is gesso which I used crumpled foil on to get texture. I airbrushed it with Carmine Red and Orange. Then I used a stencil with Dusty Concord and Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. I didn't like how it looked so sprayed more Carmine Red. I saw a piece of sheer purple material which had been wrapped around fresh flowers at one time and laid it on top to see how it looked. I liked the look so glued that down.
The images are from Dover Sampler. It appears that I pretty much have downloaded all the samples which they offer. I made sure that the moon would cut separately from the owl when I traced it to turn it into a cutting file. The Halloween I've used before so I just needed to resize it for this project.
For the moon I airbrushed it with yellow and black to give it a little more detail. The owl part I edged with my black Glaze pen. I used Dimensional Magic on the owl's eyes and was thinking after I got it all put together that I should have used a drop for the bat's eye as well. The owl is pop dotted for dimension.
I used a stencil with the gesso for this background and when I pulled the stencil away it left large areas of the playing card back showing. I liked the look of it so left it. Since I wanted the background to show through and it was slick in those places I used some left over yellow finger paint. When the paint was dry I airbrushed Carmine Red over it. Then after having problems getting the orange pen to work with the airbrush I gave up and rubbed Spice Marmalade Distress Ink over it. I then splattered Red Oxide Paint. I need to do some more practicing there to get the paint where I want it to go. LOL!
I don't know who shared the Spider web cutting file. I think it was Kelly from Finding Time to Create. The Cat is from Free Vintage Digital Stamp. The spider witch and the Spooky is from Dover Sampler.
I heat embossed the spider web with Winter Wonderland embossing powder by Recollections. It gives it a nice sparkly look which unfortunately the photo does not do justice to. Mr. Cat is pop dotted on the web. I used a piece of the purple fabric on the black part of his hat to give it the look of fabric. Used Dimensional Magic for the monocle. Used a yellow Glaze pen to define the monocle frame and chain. Edged it with my old standby Distress Vintage Photo Ink. The spider witch is also edged with the ink and her eyes are also Dimensional Magic. I decided to have her hang over the edge of the card. I splattered red oxide paint on the word Spooky. I don't know why it looks gray in the photo.
I'm thinking that these would make cute Halloween cards. So if I decide to make some Halloween cards I'll have to keep that in mind.
I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing next but do come back and sit a spell. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!