Friday, October 17, 2014

Pretty In Pink Christmas Card

Hi everyone I thought I would share a Christmas card today. You may remember I was playing with the template that Jenn Mason shared on episode 401 at scrapbooksouptv.com .I had replaced the flowers with a maple leaf. This time I decided to replace them with a Christmas tree and stars. I didn't like the way the ribbon was attached to close the card so I changed that on this card. I don't normally craft in pink but I don't have a lot of double sided cardstock. When I saw this pink the diagonals reminded me of candy canes. Also I just happened to have ribbon that coordinated with it. The ribbon had caught my eye in a clearance bin and although I didn't know what I was going to do with it I bought it.
 
Originally I was going to make a loop of ribbon and put a button which had a star on top to close the card. However when I saw this ribbon I decided to put a border on both sides with ribbon pulled through to make ties. My border was too wide so I cut it narrower and it still was too wide so I decided to glue the straight edge as well as put the ribbon through on that side. The trees and stars are cut out of scrap paper. As is the border pieces. The tree, stars, and border are all Silhouette cutting files.
Opps! I forgot that when the card was opened it would show where I adhered the ribbon on the left hand side. Gem ribbon to the rescue.

I had cut the piece for inside the card too small as the tree is taller than the flower in the original file. Instead of cutting a larger piece or even using something else I decided to forget putting an extra piece inside. Instead I glued down the tree frame which was left over from cutting the front and then glued in the middle piece. For the star on top I cut out a small star and glued on the frame. Later on I'll stamp a sentiment inside where it won't show when the card is closed.

There you have it my pretty in pink Christmas card. I hope the person I send this to will love it. I may even make some more now that I have the file made up. I plan to be sending cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive. Details about that drive can be found here:

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Well your pretty in pink Christmas card is absolutely lovely!!!!!
    Myrna
















    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love, I love. The pink is fantastic. It's one of my favourite colours to use at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)