Saturday, June 7, 2014

Plastic Embossing and Gelato Play

Greetings my dear readers. Can you believe another posting today! I was so excited at how these cards turned out that I couldn't wait to share them with you. I only wish I could have gotten photos that did them justice. First off is a card I ended up using the debossed side as I liked it better when I got through playing. The tissue paper I used was too dark and although you could see the glitter on the embossed side it was the same color as the tissue paper even though I used greens and gold fine glitter.

I started out by embossing a page protector using Stylized Flowers by Cuddlebug. After embossing I brush Pledge floor wax over the embossed plastic on the debossed side. I then placed tissue paper on top. Using a sponge brush to pat it down tight and to work any air bubbles out. Then I sprinkled fine glitter randomly on top. Some places I got glitter in a few places heavier than I had wanted to but I kind of like the effect.
After the wax was dry I went and colored with different colors of gelatos the flowers and in some of the other places also. Then I used a wet sponge brush over where I colored to soften the look.


I glued this embossed panel on black paper. Then glued it on a white card blank which I had edged with a metallic paint pen. I'm a loving this card.


 Here is the second card I made. Yesterday I got in the mail a Darice Butterfly In The Corner folder. Of course I couldn't wait to do something with it. Once again I embossed on a piece of plastic from a plastic protector. This time instead of using tissue paper with the floor wax I used facial tissue which I had separated. The facial tissue wrinkled in places while I was patting it down. Although it doesn't show in the photo once again I sprinkled glitter this time a magenta color which is what the pink is in the photo.
When the wax dried I colored with gelatos on the debossed side. Because of the wrinkled tissue it was hard to see where the pattern is when I colored. Then I took a mister and misted with water. I took my finger and blended the gelatos. I cut the butterfly out and then colored it with gelatos. and then brushed with water. I used a dimensional paint on the body. I used scrapper floss for the antennae and then glued rhinestone on the floss. I love how the gelatos brought out the texture in the wrinkled facial tissue.

I had fun experimenting with embossing on plastic and trying out this technique. I've never seen this technique but got the idea from stamping on plastic and then doing the tissue paper with floor wax and glitter. Now to see if this will work white glue instead of floor wax.

Thank you for stopping by. Do come back as I plan on doing some playing with a round Geli Plate which just came in today's mail. Then sharing the results with you.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. These are great, Myoriah and I haven't heard of this technique before. Most adventurous & certainly very 'crafty'.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the time and effort. These are very pretty and (I think) unusual.
    You go girl.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is the most beautiful things you created. I love what you did with glitter and floor wax. You are so creative my friend. Your butterfly card is darling too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)