Sunday, February 23, 2014

Print and Cut Popup Card

Woke up this morning and it was snowing. It was snowing off and on all day so I thought it was a good day to  play. Before I had my Cameo I used to by hand partially cut out images so that they were a popup. When I saw an image from Fairy Graphic that I had downloaded a few years back I decided to see if I could do the same thing with my Cameo. I had to do a little tweaking after it was cut out with my scissors and to fold on the negative part so that it could be adhered flat. I had forgotten that little detail. Of course those changes are now made in the file so next time I'll be able to just print and cut.


After tracing the image I did an offset. With the eraser I erased the top and bottom lines of the offset part and then drew straight lines. I changed those lines to perforated. Then I drew vertical lines cut lines and added horizontal lines which were also changed to perforated. Then I folded mountain and valley lines to make it a popup. I took chalk pastels and colored the negative part.

I printed borders and cut them out . I glued them to my popup panel.

I welded hearts to make shamrocks. I then sprayed them with my own glimmer mist.

I have not done the inside yet. This is how it looks from the inside. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the inside yet.

I have one more St Patrick card in the works right now. It should be easier to do and not strain my brain so much. LOL!

Do you make popup cards?

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. I love pop up cards but I let other people do all the hard work. lol
    This is a great card. Haven't seen any with the pop up on the front so this is really neat.
    I saw some other similar ladies on Graphic Fairy today too.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning card. Love pop ups, but like Myrna, I let other people do all the hard work. You're a whiz with your cutting machine. You should do tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)