Sunday, May 5, 2013

Stamped Flower Card

Once in awhile I just have to take some time out of all the craziness in my life lately and play. I bought Thursday a couple of stencils and stamp sets and had to use one of the stencils and one of the stamps.
I tinted moulding gel with acrylic ink and used it to stencil with. Once that was dried I went and sprayed with my homemade color wash. Then after it sat for a couple of minutes I took a paper towel to rub the excess off. The green panel is a bubble play piece. It doesn't show up but the background actually shimmers because I had tinted the bubbles with glimmer mist.  I stamped with Tuxedo black ink on a scrap piece of cardstock and then cut out by hand my stamped image in a shape. Then I colored it with my metallic colored pencils which I recently found. I inked the edges of it with gold ink. I felt like the card needed something so added the ribbon at the bottom. It really makes the stamp image pop.

I had too much gel on my brush when I stenciled so the stencil stuck to the cardstock and in places part of the top layer of cardstock ripped. I think I like though the distressed look that it gives. I definitely like this stencil and can see a lot of possibilities using it. I also like the flower stamps and I think the set will see a lot of use.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


2 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    Lovely colors and you are right, the ribbon makes the colors pop. Pretty flower.
    Nice that you found your colored pencils.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade colourwash. How unique. You really are the queen of frugal! I like the stencilled bg. The colours are awesome as Myrna mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)